From: Alojz on
Hi,
is there a way how to identify default property for given object. E.g., I
know default property for range object is value. Where can I find the default
property for other objects?
Thanks
Alojz
From: Mike H on
Hi,

AFAIK, the only default property for an Excel object is 'value'. If an
object doesn't have a value property then it also doesn't have a default
property.

Mike

question.

From: Gary Brown on
Range actually has dozens of properties and defaults for those properties.
Each Object has many properties and defaults.
You need to be a bit more specific on which defaults you are asking about.
If you just want the .value property...
msgbox object.value
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

From: Alojz on
Let me clarify once again. I know, that default property for range object is
value. That is why I can write statement like: cell("B1") = 15 (that means, I
do not need to write: cell("B1").value = 15, as VBA knows from first
statement that it relates to value as default property for range object).
Now, I would like to know where to get list for other object's default
property from. For instance, what would be the default property for Worksheet
(object)? Can I find it somewhere or test it somehow?
May be Mike gave me the right answer, e.g. only possible (if any), defaul
property for any particular object is value.

From: Mike H on
Did you read my post?

The only default property is 'Value', there are no more.

If an object; worksheet for example, doesn't have a value property then it
doesn't have a default property for you to look for or have a list of and
that applies to all objects in Excel.

The properties of object can be found in the object browser in VB editor but
once again if there is no value propery then that object has no default
property.
--
Mike

question.

"Alojz" wrote:

> Let me clarify once again. I know, that default property for range object is
> value. That is why I can write statement like: cell("B1") = 15 (that means, I
> do not need to write: cell("B1").value = 15, as VBA knows from first
> statement that it relates to value as default property for range object).
> Now, I would like to know where to get list for other object's default
> property from. For instance, what would be the default property for Worksheet
> (object)? Can I find it somewhere or test it somehow?
> May be Mike gave me the right answer, e.g. only possible (if any), defaul
> property for any particular object is value.
>
> "Gary Brown" wrote:
>
> > Range actually has dozens of properties and defaults for those properties.
> > Each Object has many properties and defaults.
> > You need to be a bit more specific on which defaults you are asking about.
> > If you just want the .value property...
> > msgbox object.value
> > --
> > Hope this helps.
> > If it does, please click the Yes button.
> > Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> > Gary Brown
> >

> > "Alojz" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > is there a way how to identify default property for given object. E.g., I
> > > know default property for range object is value. Where can I find the default
> > > property for other objects?
> > > Thanks
> > > Alojz
 |  Next  |  Last