From: RCIngham on
Greetings,

The synthesis report on my design tells me that I have caused 3 latches to
be created: 1 LDC and 2 LDP. I didn't intend to create any...

Rather frustratingly, the reports aren't telling me which signals are
associated with these latches, so that I can fix my code! My colleagues
can't remember what the trick is. Please can someone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance,
R.

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Symon on
On 4/12/2010 5:14 PM, RCIngham wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The synthesis report on my design tells me that I have caused 3 latches to
> be created: 1 LDC and 2 LDP. I didn't intend to create any...
>
> Rather frustratingly, the reports aren't telling me which signals are
> associated with these latches, so that I can fix my code! My colleagues
> can't remember what the trick is. Please can someone enlighten me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> R.

Search through the EDIF file?

HTH, Syms.

From: RCIngham on
>On 4/12/2010 5:14 PM, RCIngham wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> The synthesis report on my design tells me that I have caused 3 latches
>> be created: 1 LDC and 2 LDP. I didn't intend to create any...
>>
>> Rather frustratingly, the reports aren't telling me which signals are
>> associated with these latches, so that I can fix my code! My colleagues
>> can't remember what the trick is. Please can someone enlighten me?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> R.
>>

>Search through the EDIF file?
>
>HTH, Syms.

What EDIF file? Or perhaps, which EDIF file?
And don't suggest the post-Synthesis gate-level netlist, either. Been
through that and failed to find and LD* components...

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: backhus on
On 12 Apr., 18:59, "RCIngham"
<robert.ingham(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 4/12/2010 5:14 PM, RCIngham wrote:
> >> Greetings,
>
> >> The synthesis report on my design tells me that I have caused 3 latches
> >> be created: 1 LDC and 2 LDP. I didn't intend to create any...
>
> >> Rather frustratingly, the reports aren't telling me which signals are
> >> associated with these latches, so that I can fix my code! My colleagues
> >> can't remember what the trick is. Please can someone enlighten me?
>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> R.
>
> >Search through the EDIF file?
>
> >HTH, Syms.
>
> What EDIF file? Or perhaps, which EDIF file?
> And don't suggest the post-Synthesis gate-level netlist, either. Been
> through that and failed to find and LD* components...
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

Hi,
the synthesis report tells you at least in which module of your design
the latch is found.
The reasons are mostly cases without when others and ifs withut else
in combinatorical processes.
(or conditional assignments outside of processes)

These should be easy to identify.
You shouldn't have too many combinatorical processes anyway.

Have a nice synthesis
Eilert

From: HT-Lab on
If your design is not to vendor specific you can try QNS to see what it comes
back with,

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

"RCIngham" <robert.ingham(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> The synthesis report on my design tells me that I have caused 3 latches to
> be created: 1 LDC and 2 LDP. I didn't intend to create any...
>
> Rather frustratingly, the reports aren't telling me which signals are
> associated with these latches, so that I can fix my code! My colleagues
> can't remember what the trick is. Please can someone enlighten me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> R.

> Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com

 |  Next  |  Last