From: Access infant on
Thank you, Douglas
It worked well. I actually tried the same at first but failed to get the
result until you pointed that i should put the subform name in quotes. Thanks
a lot and lot
--
from
chanakya

From: Access infant on
Mr.Marsh,
your suggestion is quite interesting but i don't know how to do this. could
you please explain to me in detail. Actually the level1 subform is unbound so
no question of linking fields arises. So, please tell me how i can link the
subsubform directly with the mainform. I confuse where i should put the
following code:
Forms!mainform.linkfield
Thanks in advance
--
from
chanakya

From: Marshall Barton on
Access infant wrote:
>your suggestion is quite interesting but i don't know how to do this. could
>you please explain to me in detail. Actually the level1 subform is unbound so
>no question of linking fields arises. So, please tell me how i can link the
>subsubform directly with the mainform. I confuse where i should put the
>following code:
>Forms!mainform.linkfield

That's not "code". It's just a reference to a field or
control on the main form. Code is the VBA statements you
put in a module.

I was trying to explain that you should put that (with the
real form and field/control names) in the subsubform
control's LinkMasterFields property. I think the
LinkChildFields property would be EmpSid. (The subform is
not involved.)

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Access infant on
Mr. Marsh,
Simple but wonderful!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot
--
from
chanakya

From: Marshall Barton on
Access infant wrote:

>Mr. Marsh,
>Simple but wonderful!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot

You're welcome. It does not come up often, but that little
trick should shortcut all kinds of funky design issues in
your situation.

I think I got the fact that the LinkMasterFields property
does not really have to be a field/control on the parent
form when someone that didn't know any better posted a
question about something else. I was about to say the link
master might be the problem, but thought I should try it
myself before I stuck my foot in my keyboard. I was amazed
that it worked and hastily added it to my bag of little
known tricks. You never know what new and interesting
things you can learn about Access in these newsgroups.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]