From: pbromaghin on
On Feb 18, 5:28 pm, "edi...(a)netpath.net" <edi...(a)netpath.net> wrote:
> Cutting bottom straps off camera bag today, I accidentally made a tiny
> cut about 1/4" long in "second bottom" layer of bag.  Bag apparently
> is polypropylene.
> Any ideas on how to fix it - so it doesn't spread?

Try the handyman's secret weapon - duct tape.
From: M-M on
In article
<41eb97d4-a2e4-4e00-9081-942bfb300bb8(a)f15g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,
pbromaghin <pbromaghin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 18, 5:28�pm, "edi...(a)netpath.net" <edi...(a)netpath.net> wrote:
> > Cutting bottom straps off camera bag today, I accidentally made a tiny
> > cut about 1/4" long in "second bottom" layer of bag. �Bag apparently
> > is polypropylene.
> > Any ideas on how to fix it - so it doesn't spread?
>
> Try the handyman's secret weapon - duct tape.

Silicon seal works. Use the clear stuff made for bathtub caulkng, or
better yet liquid nails clear.

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
From: GregS on

https://www.mightymendit.com/

From: Dymphna on

I have never had much luck with a hot glue gun and the glue staying. You
would need a glue for your particular fabric. Sewing it might be
difficult as you would probably have to take more apart in order to sew
that small part. The Red Green advice given above is not bad. Makes
thieves less likely to take your camera.

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

From: Bob AZ on
�Bag apparently is polypropylene.
> Any ideas on how to fix it - so it doesn't spread?

Editor

I have bags fxed occassionally at a local upholstery shop. They have
any cloth or material needed and the skills needed to sew them up.
They never make a charge but I always tip a 5 or so. And the next time
I go to the head of the line. Be sure and take your best manners with
you also.

Bob AZ