From: Michelle on
Hi,

Can any one tell me how to get rid off the "-" at end of the data
(downloaded from SAP). The data I download from SAP look like this (203)
968-7273-. I would like to get rid off the "-" at the end to make my work
sheet looks better. I have over a thousand rows, so it is almost impossible
to do it manually.
Thanks,
Mickie
From: Art on
1. Select the range of cells to "reformat".
2. Click right-mouse button to bring up pop-up menu. Click Format Cells.
3. Under the Number tab, click Custom.
4. In the box, under Type, enter 000-000-0000 or (000)-000-0000, whichever
format you prefer. The zeros tell Excel to accept a number in that spot.
5. Click OK.

Shoudl fix the problem. There is also a "Phone Number" choice if you click
"Special" instead of "Custom". I like to have control over how I format.

From: Gord Dibben on
How does that eliminate the trailing minus sign?

I would use a helper column and =LEFT(A1,14) or 13 if no spaces.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP