From: Ramasubramanian Ramesh on
Thanks for every ones help. I resolved all issues with errors from my
firewall. Here is a summary

1) My DSL modem/router periodically pings my machine. If I accept then
it queries more about www server, samba server etc. I do not like these
requests as I do not know what the modem does with that info. The
modem/router is given to me by verizon DSL service. So, I shut off any
incoming packet from that interface that is not already established by
an in-to-out connection. I was doing this before too, but I was loggin
in such message. Now I dropped loging it, if it is from my dsl router.

2) I have virtual machines connected with br0 to internal net, and I did
not do the iptables from br0 to internal net properly and that caused
nmbd queries from br0 (ie from vms) to rest of the internal net to be
dropped and loggged. I updated a few rules and the log messages went away.

3) No my syslog onlyc contains useful messages.

Ramesh