From: Mark on
I am curious how others on this list manage their laptop batteries while
using Debian. From doing some research, there doesn't appear to be many (if
any) software solutions for draining a laptop battery completely, before
recharging. So what do people on this list do - just keep running Debian on
battery power until the battery totally dies, which sometimes doesn't give
you ample time to shut down properly? Or do you shutdown when the battery
reaches, say, 5%?

I just ordered a few laptop battery replacements off ebay and would like to
manage them better than the ones I inherited, which were mostly dead by the
time I got them.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mark