From: Gurdas on
Hi,

We would like to build an installer that packages all required device drivers and does NOT require a separate installation from the DAQmx device driver CD.
How can we do this?

LV : 7.1 with Application Builder
H/W : USB-6009
DAQmx : 8.0

Presently, we use the DAQmx device driver CD (that accompanied the USB-6009) to install the drivers. We do not want to do it this way because:
1) It makes the installation a two-step process - (a) install DAQmx from device driver CD (b) install our application
2) It installs a lot of drivers which are not required by our application.

Thanks,
From: Gurdas on
Bob, thanks!
That helps.

I had posted the same query to this thread which has some additional info:
&nbsp;
I will try test the methods suggested. But for now, at customer site, will stick to proven my 2 CD method.
&nbsp;
I was wondering if the OpenG installer is similarly limited?
From: Gurdas on
Bob,
Please read my sentence as "I was wondering if the OpenG&nbsp;application builder&nbsp;is similarly limited?"
In other words:
1) Is there a possibility that&nbsp;the installer made&nbsp;with OpenG app builder, will include DAQmx drivers?
2) What if I just purchase LV 8.0 or above application builder? Can I use that with my LV 7.1 FDS? If yes, then, can I make installers which will include DAQmx drivers?
Thanks,