From: Vikash on
I am turning off the monitor by calling
SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_SYSCOMMAND, (WPARAM)SC_MONITORPOWER,
2).

It works fine but the monitor gets turned on whenever there is a mouse
movement or a keystroke. Request you to suggest a way to prevent this.

Thanks,
Vikash.
From: Leslie Milburn on

"Vikash" <vikashrungta76(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am turning off the monitor by calling
> SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_SYSCOMMAND, (WPARAM)SC_MONITORPOWER,
> 2).
>
> It works fine but the monitor gets turned on whenever there is a mouse
> movement or a keystroke. Request you to suggest a way to prevent this.
>
> Thanks,
> Vikash.

Umm, may I ask why ?

From: Vikash on
On Jan 4, 8:20 pm, "Leslie Milburn" <CD...(a)NOSPAM.bigpond.com> wrote:
> "Vikash" <vikashrungt...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I am turning off the monitor by calling
> > SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_SYSCOMMAND, (WPARAM)SC_MONITORPOWER,
> > 2).
>
> > It works fine but the monitor gets turned on whenever there is a mouse
> > movement or a keystroke. Request you to suggest a way to prevent this.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Vikash.
>
> Umm, may I ask why ?

Hi Leslie,

I am writing an application which would enable a user to use a machine
remotely. When a machine is being used remotely, its local monitor
should be turned off.

Thanks,
Vikash.