From: Janek Kozicki on
maybe on 50G there is some flag to set in the options to enable RPN,
and that's why my example didn't work for you? I never used 50G

best regards
Janek Kozicki

From: PremiumBlend on
On Dec 20, 1:38 pm, ferroburak <ferrobu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 Aralık, 19:36, ferroburak <ferrobu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't get it. can you advice me a manual? Thanks.
>
> Btw I meant rpn notation :)

Hello Ferroburak,

On your HP 50G press [MODE] then set
the Operating Mode to RPN. For good
documentation go to:
http://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=hp+50g+aur
and download the HP 50g Advanced User's
Reference Manual Edition 2.

Regards,

Mark

From: Dave Hayden on
On Dec 20, 1:01 pm, ferroburak <ferrobu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> How can I learn the rpn language for hp 50g? Thanks in advance.

You can see all of HP's training modules here:
http://h20331.www2.hp.com/hpsub/cache/383680-0-0-225-121.html

There are some examples starting on page 1-15 of the Users Guide (the
887 page document that came on the CD, not the shorter printed
document). By the way, if you're new to the 50g, I urge you to use
the Users Guide as your primary reference, The printed Users Manual is
more like a quick reference guide - useful when you're already
familiar with the calculator.

If you google "RPN tutorial" you will also find some example
tutorials. Note that Some tutorials talk about a "stack" that has 4
levels named X, Y, Z, and T. On the 50g, the number of levels is
limited only by the calculator's memory and they are identified by a
number (level 1, level 2 etc).

One VERY important thing that is buried deep in the documentation is
the SWAP key. When you aren't editing a value, the right-arrow key
will swap the values on stack levels 1 and 2. You'll find yourself
doing this all the time.

Don't get discouraged. RPN is well worth the 10 or 15 minutes
required to learn it. You will find that it's a far more natural way
to compute.

Dave
From: A.L. on
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 07:00:30 -0800 (PST), Dave Hayden <dave(a)larou.com>
wrote:

>Don't get discouraged. RPN is well worth the 10 or 15 minutes
>required to learn it. You will find that it's a far more natural way
>to compute.

Yep. All these parentheses, priorities, left, right, and such are
SOOOO.... confusing. It takes years to master them, and only guys with
PhD (and not all of them) can claim that they mastered all the
mysteries

A.L.