From: Matt Matt on
I'm trying to create a website for our intranet which can be used to send
data to an excel spreadsheet. It's for our goods-in dept. We can only receive
25 pallets per day, so i want the website to ask questions like when/how many
pallets/ and where is the delivery coming from, but then link into the excel
spreadsheet which will allow or not the receipts. If for example we already
have 25 pallets booked in on Wednesday 6th June 2010, and someone tries (via
the website) to book in another pallet, i want it to come back and say
something like "day full, please choose another day" or something like that!
Is this possible? If so could you please direct me on how to do it?

Many thanks
From: Stefan B Rusynko on
While you can use Excel as a datasource
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=268948
- it is not recommended, since Excel is a single user product
Recommend you use Access for the Database

Yes you can do what you are asking for
But none of the wizards will do what you are asking
You will need to write custom server side code to query the database after the form submission
- or better still in the form to block days that are 'full"