From: Arun Gupta on
Hi
I am facinfg a problem in expect
like spawn telnet telnet session opened i want to open hyperterminal
using expect

can any body help me for this .

1)open hyerterminal

2) after press etner

3) prompt comes like 192.168.100.5>

4) when above prompt comes send command like get system info

192.168.100.5>get system info.

please help me if any body knows about this.

From: Arun Gupta on
I tried spawn command and the path of hyperterminal exe file but error
message was thrown.

'C:\expect_scripts\hypertrm.exe' is not a Win32 console application.
while executing
"spawn "C:/expect_scripts/hypertrm.exe" ip.ht"
(file "./expect2.tcl" line 61)

I also tried using exec command but that opens a new window and no
further commands sent through script are acepted.

From: Wojciech Kocjan on
Dnia 13-12-2006 o 07:52:37 Arun Gupta <arungupta.sbg(a)gmail.com> napisa�(a):

> I tried spawn command and the path of hyperterminal exe file but error
> message was thrown.
>

> 'C:\expect_scripts\hypertrm.exe' is not a Win32 console application.
> while executing
> "spawn "C:/expect_scripts/hypertrm.exe" ip.ht"
> (file "./expect2.tcl" line 61)
>

> I also tried using exec command but that opens a new window and no
> further commands sent through script are acepted.

And I believe the error says everything.

The issue is that hyperterminal is a Windows application, not a console
one - although this might be confusing.

Have you considered using telnet.exe from Windows or plink.exe from Putty?

I tried spawning plink.exe and it did work for me - I was able to do some
basic interaction with the unix host.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>plink
PuTTY Link: command-line connection utility
Release 0.58
Usage: plink [options] [user@]host [command]
("host" can also be a PuTTY saved session name)
-V print version information and exit
-pgpfp print PGP key fingerprints and exit
-v show verbose messages
-load sessname Load settings from saved session
-ssh -telnet -rlogin -raw
force use of a particular protocol
-P port connect to specified port
-l user connect with specified username
-batch disable all interactive prompts

So you should be able to use -telnet if you want to interact with a telnet
session.

--
WK
email (rot13): jbwpvrpuNGxbpwnaQBGbet