From: isil_light on

I have a problem with oratcl and 10g. It seems that when the client
connects to the database it sets
the signal handler for SIGCHLD which causes a problem from tcl:

error waiting for process to exit: child process lost (is SIGCHLD
ignored or trapped?)

If I reset the handler it works:

signal default SIGCHLD

Has anyone else seen this? I have many tcl scripts which require a
database connection and I would rather not be forced to update each
one.

btw I don't have any problems using 9i - only under 10g

Thanks

From: thelfter on
On Jan 24, 6:36 pm, isil_li...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> I have a problem with oratcl and 10g. It seems that when the client
> connects to the database it sets
> the signal handler for SIGCHLD which causes a problem from tcl:
>
> error waiting for process to exit: child process lost (is SIGCHLD
> ignored or trapped?)
>
> If I reset the handler it works:
>
> signal default SIGCHLD
>
> Has anyone else seen this? I have many tcl scripts which require a
> database connection and I would rather not be forced to update each
> one.
>
> btw I don't have any problems using 9i - only under 10g
>
> Thanks

Oratcl does not touch any signal handles. I don't change them, set
them or monitor them. Could Oracle client libraries be doing this?
Could it be TCL?
In some versions of Tcl8.4 there was a problem with Tcl trying to
unload oracle libraries where Oracle was trapping signals. The error
would be raised when the tcl script exited.

Please post the following information:

Tcl version, {I.E. [info patchlevel] }
Oratcl version,
Oracle client version {I.E. 9.2.0.1.0 , 10.2.0.2.0 etc. not 9i/10g}

And I'll be more than happy to help you!

-Todd