From: Scott M. on
And, by the way. we are talking about a file that contains nothing but a
string within it, so using string methods on this string is hardly "stupid".

From: "Jon Paal" Jon[ nospam ]Paal @ everywhere dot on
set the extended properties to 'text' for csv file and remember to create the ini file for field definition

"fniles" <fniles(a)pfmail.com> wrote in message news:%23pruw%23K7GHA.4708(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I have a .CSV file (comma delimited) that I want to open using OLEDB, but I get the error "External table is not in the expected
>format."
> If I save the .CSV file to an .XLS file, I can open the connection with no problem.
> What is the correct way to open a .CSV file ?
> If I can not open the CSV file, how can I programmatically save the CSV file to an XLS file ?
> Thanks a lot.
>
> dim myCon OleDb.OleDbConnection
> myCon = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=c:\file.csv; Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0; HDR=NO;
> IMEX=1""")
> --> error "External table is not in the expected format."

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Coversion problem
Next: Outlook PST Files