From: sloan on

My opinion #1 Don't use VB6. Take your VB6 CD's and throw them in the
Trash.

My opinion #2 Get a free version of VB.NET Express Edition. 2008 would be
the preferred version (in my opinion), VS2010 is just around the corner.
(Not sure about the Express Editions of 2010 at this point).

You can look at this concept (since you're original post was somewhat
deficient of details)
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=How+to+Screen+Scrape+VB.NET&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=3d121c88310e67e3

From: Ralph on

> Good Day,
>
> I'm new to visual basic. I just want to create a program that will check
> my
> desired website every 30 mins. Can someone teach me how. I have a vb6.0
> and
> vb.net 2003. Thanks much

You really need to explain what you mean by check.

From: shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com on
:

From: Mark Rae [MVP] on

> I used vb.net 2003 in my program.

Yes, you mentioned. And everyone is telling you to use that VB.NET 2003 is
no longer supported.

> I just trigger the website that I want by using process.start and create a
> 30 mins timer so that I can check my website
> every 30 mins.

I appreciate that English isn't your first language but, once again, you are
not explaining what you mean by "check my website"! What are you checking?

> I love to create a program like hyperterminal can someone help me, can we
> use layman's term cause I'm really new to vb.net.

Firstly, if you're really new to VB.NET, I would strongly urge you to forget
about it completely and learn C# instead.
Buy this:
http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Microsoft-Visual-2008-Guides/dp/047019135X/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268145310&sr=1-10
and work your way through it from beginning to end.

> My friend told me to use 2003 cause the vb.net 2005 up need at least
> dotnet framework 2.0. :)

That's correct. And the latest versions use .NET Framework 3.5 - what's the
problem...?

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Scott M. on
>> My friend told me to use 2003 cause the vb.net 2005 up need at least
>> dotnet framework 2.0. :)
>
> That's correct. And the latest versions use .NET Framework 3.5 - what's
> the problem...?

And on April 12, the new version 4.0 will be officially out. Since the
Framework is free and you can get the newest version of the Express Editions
of Visual Studio for free as well, why not use the newest versions?

-Scott