From: shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com on
Good Day,

I'm new to visual basic. I just want to create a program that will check my
desired website every 30 mins. Can someone teach me how. I have a vb6.0 and
vb.net 2003. Thanks much

From: shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com on

From: Scott M. on

"shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com" <u58543(a)uwe> wrote in message
> shadow-monster wrote:
>>Good Day,
>>
>>I'm new to visual basic. I just want to create a program that will check
>>my
>>desired website every 30 mins. Can someone teach me how. I have a vb6.0
>>and
>>vb.net 2003. Thanks much
> shadow-monster wrote:
>>Good Day,
>>
>>I'm new to visual basic. I just want to create a program that will check
>>my
>>desired website every 30 mins. Can someone teach me how. I have a vb6.0
>>and
>>vb.net 2003. Thanks much

Visual Basic 6.0 isn't, in any way, going to help you do anything relating
to .NET code.

What do you mean by "check" your desired website? What, exactly do you want
to do?

-Scott

From: Andy O'Neill on

> Good Day,
>
> I'm new to visual basic. I just want to create a program that will check
> my
> desired website every 30 mins. Can someone teach me how. I have a vb6.0
> and
> vb.net 2003. Thanks much

Do you realise that there are free versions of vs available?
visual studio express 2008 is very likely a way better option than vs pro
2003.

When you say check.
What exactly do you have in mind.
There are free rss readers might do what you want.

From: Mark Rae [MVP] on

> I'm new to Visual Basic. I just want to create a program that will check
> my
> desired website every 30 mins. Can someone teach me how. I have a vb6.0
> and
> vb.net 2003.

Microsoft terminated all support for VB 6.0 almost two years ago, and
mainstream support for VB.NET 2003 nearly 18 months ago. Both of these
products can be considered completely obsolete. As has already been
mentioned, if you really want to continue with Basic rather than C#, there
is a free version available: http://www.microsoft.com/express/Windows/

As has also been mentioned, you will need to provide (much) more information
about what you mean by "check my website". I'm assuming that you don't mean
that you want to check that the webserver on which your site is running is
still up and responding to web requests, as any decent web host will already
provide that sort of "heartbeat" monitoring and notify you accordingly.

Do you mean e.g. that you want to check your website for new sales?

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP