From: fl on
Hi,
We are developing algorithm on a LYRTech ADC board. There are only 96
DSP48 on this board. We have a problem of DSP shortage with a FIR
rcosine and low pass FIR design. There is a 105 MHz clock source with
this board. I think a solution is to over clock DSP48 to improve
performance. My question is how to double, triple or quadruple 105MHz
on board clock. Can DCM do the trick? Then, how to get that? Thanks a
lot.
From: fl on
On Apr 22, 2:53 pm, fl <rxjw...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> We are developing algorithm on a LYRTech ADC board. There are only 96
> DSP48 on this board. We have a problem of DSP shortage with a FIR
> rcosine and low pass FIR design. There is a 105 MHz clock source with
> this board. I think a solution is to over clock DSP48 to improve
> performance. My question is how to double, triple or quadruple 105MHz
> on board clock. Can DCM do the trick? Then, how to get that? Thanks a
> lot.

This is a up-converter design from 25.1MSPS to 105MSPS. Any
suggestions on the design? Thanks.
From: Martin Thompson on
fl <rxjwg98(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> We are developing algorithm on a LYRTech ADC board. There are only 96
> DSP48 on this board. We have a problem of DSP shortage with a FIR
> rcosine and low pass FIR design. There is a 105 MHz clock source with
> this board. I think a solution is to over clock DSP48 to improve
> performance. My question is how to double, triple or quadruple 105MHz
> on board clock. Can DCM do the trick? Then, how to get that?

Yes a DCM can do that. Just instantiate it (and some BUFGs) and set
the parameters up. Read up in the libraries guide and the user guide

Alternatively, coregen will guide your through the process and provide
you with a VHDL/Verilog file out the backend with an appropriately
configured DCM inside it. This is probably worth doing the first time
anyway, to see what's involved and what sort of things come out the
back end.

Cheers,
Martin

--