From: Martin Thompson on
Hi all,

Can Quartus be persuaded to *output* an EDIF netlist of the design
(at any point in the compilation)? Google returns lots of links about
the EDIF import capabilities, but I can't see any on exporting!

Why? I've started on an EDF reader for FPGAOptim so you can easily
figure out what's going on with designs which don't fit in the device,
from the Xilinx NGC file - using NGC2EDIF). It occurred to me that
having EDIF input would make the tool useful for other FPGAs.

While I'm at it, does Altera have an equivalent of Xilinx's XDL
format? XDL is a low-level textual description of the configuration of
the device in terms of what the LUTs are configured as, which of the
config muxes are set, what routing is used etc.

Thanks!
Martin

--
martin.j.thompson(a)trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html
From: HT-Lab on

"Martin Thompson" <martin.j.thompson(a)trw.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Can Quartus be persuaded to *output* an EDIF netlist of the design
> (at any point in the compilation)? Google returns lots of links about
> the EDIF import capabilities, but I can't see any on exporting!

I suspect not, even Mentor's Precision now generates a VQM file instead of EDIF
for Altera,

Hans
www.ht-lab.com