From: newbab22 on
Hi All,

What is OFFSET In and OFFSET OUT ? Is it setup and hold time of Flip flop?.
How to set a Offset in And offset out Constraints for a particular design?

In synthesis report I'm seeing Minimum Input arrival time and Max.Output
required time? whether it is equivalent to Offset in and Offset out ?

Please give some idea about this.

Thanks

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: kkoorndyk on
On Apr 22, 11:04 am, "newbab22" <kumar1983.s(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> What is OFFSET In and OFFSET OUT ? Is it setup and hold time of Flip flop?.
> How to set a Offset in And offset out Constraints for a particular design?
>
> In synthesis report I'm seeing Minimum Input arrival time and Max.Output
> required time? whether it is equivalent to Offset in and Offset out ?
>
> Please give some idea about this.
>
> Thanks
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

Xilinx Timing Constraints User Guide

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/ug612.pdf

From: Gabor on
On Apr 23, 7:06 pm, kkoorndyk <kris.koorn...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 22, 11:04 am, "newbab22" <kumar1983.s(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
>
> > What is OFFSET In and OFFSET OUT ? Is it setup and hold time of Flip flop?.
> > How to set a Offset in And offset out Constraints for a particular design?
>
> > In synthesis report I'm seeing Minimum Input arrival time and Max.Output
> > required time? whether it is equivalent to Offset in and Offset out ?
>
> > Please give some idea about this.
>
> > Thanks

> > Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com
>
> Xilinx Timing Constraints User Guide
>
> http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/ug612...

Also check out the blogs on the Xilinx forums:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/PLD-Blog/Timing-Constraints-Part-3-of-5/ba-p/61885#A99