From: Anand Hariharan on
On Nov 7, 10:02 am, Jeff Schwab <j...(a)schwabcenter.com> wrote:
(...)

> The standard specifically says that all things being
> equal, you should usually choose vector.

It does?

(...)
From: Jeff Schwab on
Anand Hariharan wrote:
> On Nov 7, 10:02 am, Jeff Schwab <j...(a)schwabcenter.com> wrote:

>> The standard specifically says that all things being
>> equal, you should usually choose vector.
>
> It does?

23.1.1 Sequences [lib.sequence.reqmts]

2. vector, list, and deque offer the programmer different complexity
trade-offs and should be used accordingly. vector is the type of
sequence that should be used by default.
From: Anand Hariharan on
On Nov 13, 2:00 pm, Jeff Schwab <j...(a)schwabcenter.com> wrote:
> Anand Hariharan wrote:
> > On Nov 7, 10:02 am, Jeff Schwab <j...(a)schwabcenter.com> wrote:
> >> The standard specifically says that all things being
> >> equal, you should usually choose vector.
>
> > It does?
>
> 23.1.1 Sequences  [lib.sequence.reqmts]

> 2. vector, list, and deque offer the programmer different complexity
> trade-offs and should be used accordingly. vector is the type of
> sequence that should be used by default.

Thank you. I admit I was not aware that the standard made
recommendations.

sincerely,
- Anand