From: Arsalan Ahmad on
Hi all,

I am interested to write an application (on Pocket PC) which should be able
to query availalbe bluetooth devices in my room (for example my Nokia 6270
mobile :)). Could you please what APIs should I use for this?

Thanks,

Arsalan

From: Peter Foot [MVP] on
It depends on the Bluetooth stack on your device. If your device uses
Microsoft's own stack discovery is performed using
WSALookupServiceBegin/Next which is documented in the Pocket PC 2003 SDK. If
you have another stack you'll need to use an appropriate 3rd party SDK.
If you are developing with .NETCF you'll find a wrapper for device discovery
and connectivity for the Microsoft stack here:-
http://www.opennetcf.org/PermaLink.aspx?guid=3f99525a-d45f-4db1-bd24-2d88fe343d3f

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP

From: Arsalan Ahmad on
Thanks,

Just another question...If I want to connect my Pocket PC to my mobile via
blue-tooth then what APIs should I use?? As far as .NETCF is concerned..i
just dont want to go for managed code due to some reasons.

Thanks again,

Arsalan

From: RonM on
Peter:
We are a DSP, radio chip developer. Is there anyway to hook our hardware under the
Microsoft's XP BT stack? Is there some miniport that we could negotiated for?
Thanks
-Ron-

From: Maxim S. Shatskih on
Usually, the BT stack for XP is not MS's, but WIDCOMM's and is installed as
a part of the BT adapter's driver package, not the OS.
It includes the BT Manager which allows you to pair the devices.

--
Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
StorageCraft Corporation

"RonM" <doldrum(a)post.com> wrote in message
> Peter:
> We are a DSP, radio chip developer. Is there anyway to hook our hardware
under the
> Microsoft's XP BT stack? Is there some miniport that we could negotiated for?
> Thanks
> -Ron-
>
> "Peter Foot [MVP]" <feedback(a)nospam-inthehand.com> wrote in message
> > It depends on the Bluetooth stack on your device. If your device uses
> > Microsoft's own stack discovery is performed using
> > WSALookupServiceBegin/Next which is documented in the Pocket PC 2003 SDK.
If
> > you have another stack you'll need to use an appropriate 3rd party SDK.
> > If you are developing with .NETCF you'll find a wrapper for device
discovery
> > and connectivity for the Microsoft stack here:-

http://www.opennetcf.org/PermaLink.aspx?guid=3f99525a-d45f-4db1-bd24-2d88fe343d3f

> > Peter
> >
> > --
> > Peter Foot
> > Windows Embedded MVP
> > http://www.inthehand.com | http://www.peterfoot.net |
> > http://www.opennetcf.org
> >
> > "Arsalan Ahmad" <arsal__(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am interested to write an application (on Pocket PC) which should be
> > > able to query availalbe bluetooth devices in my room (for example my
Nokia
> > > 6270 mobile :)). Could you please what APIs should I use for this?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Arsalan
> > >

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2