From: Tulup on
Hi.
Can anybody describe situations when using avssamp (AVStream example based
virtual video capture driver) generates BSD with this error ?
BSD doesn't clarify what sys file has generated the problem, i supose that
is because of my new video capture driver...

From: Gary G. Little on
If you are asking as a developer, I'd say your driver is completing an IRP
twice. In this case, you completed what you thought was your IRP, which had
already been completed by an as yet unkown function in your code, and
reassigned to the AV driver, which then completed it again.

If you are asking as a user, then I'd say this is not the proper forum for
such a question.

The personal opinion of
Gary G. Little

From: Tulup on
Thank for your comments, Gary.
It was developer question. I haven't seen such problem myself, but some user
emailed me BSD screenshot. I can't catch the same problem (repeat it) within
my hardware (PC). So i am trying to ask here, maybe somebody can help...

From: Gary G. Little on
Then as a developer you need to go look at your code and check for
synchronization problems in completing an IRP. If you do ANYTHING with an IRP
pointer after IoCallDriver has been called you have a problem. The classic
errer here is seen on SMP with two paths that can complete the same IRP. One
path needs to be emliminated, or access to the IRP must be synchronized,
typically with a spinlock.

The personal opinion of
Gary G. Little