From: MSK on
Hi,

I am currently developing some Word templates (office 2003) + VBA

I have a UTF-8 encoded text file...I wanted to read and show the
values into a list box...

The charactors are getting changed while reading and filling the
control...(but in the text file they are perfect)

I tried FSO and Open statement with Line input.. I dont know how to
Convert into normal chars..

How to resovle.. ?

Its bit urgent...give me some useful links

Many thanks.
MSK.

From: Tony Proctor on
Here's a link to some code that reads UTF-8 encoded data into a VB app:
http://groups.google.ie/group/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion/msg/00f3c3fd8182563e?hl=en&

Tony Proctor

From: MSK on
Thanks, but that code converts the UTF-8 chars into Unicode,again I am
losing the required chars, actually I want to show those special chars
as it is in the list box.

MSK.

From: Tony Proctor on
VB uses Unicode internally. Hence, you have to convert the UTF-8 to Unicode
when loading it into the VB app. Controls generally use the current ANSI
code page rather than Unicode but the translation from Unicode will happen
transparently - you don't have to do it yourself. If the characters are not
appearing then it may be that those characters are not part of your current
ANSI code page. What locale are you using, and what characters are you
trying to display?

From: MSK on
I have lot of data in a text file (like address, department name...etc)
, these details contains "Welsh" chars (UK)
(a,e,i,o,u,y,w,A,E,I,O,U,Y,W with circumflex), I want to open and read
this file and fill the controls (combobox, listbox),
I have saved the file as Unicode and I tried UTF-8 format too. Hope
this gives more input...give me some logic so that I can try...like
inputB, strConv...I tried everything but I am getting some junk chars

once again Thanks

MSK.