From: kjedwards on
Hi

If I am correct the strResult := ReadURL (URL_string ) returns a character
string to AW, is there any easy way to parse strResult to an AW array or
something similar so it is then possible to manipulate the returned data in AW?

Thanks

Kevin

From: Amy Blankenship *AdobeCommunityExpert* on
Probably, if the return is formatted with that in mind.

HTH;

Amy

From: kjedwards on
Thanks Amy but unfortunately my knowledge of AW is not good and I'm not
familiar with AW character string functions.

I have written a php script to select a list of students from a mySQL database
and managed to get AW to call the php script ok, but I am at a loss of how to
seperate out the returned string into an AW array or AW variables for use
within AW.

Does someone have any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

Kevin

From: mike-stalkfleet.com on
What exactly is the content and formatting of the string that you are reading into authorware?
From: kjedwards on
Hi Mike

At the moment I am just trying to test the approach so the return string can
be in any format that can be provided by manipulating it in PHP

What I want to do is have a dynamic quiz with the question bank stored in
MySQL. So I need a way to retrieve questions and then populate the relevant
quiz in AW.

I am sure this has been done before. I am just looking for the correct way to
approach this.

Yours

Kevin

 |  Next  |  Last