From: Barnoonan on
I use multiple email accounts. I received my emails in my inbox then decided
to change the name of the account. All emails received from that point on
have the new name account but all emails downloaded prior to the name change
are still labelled with the old name. Is there any way to refresh the name
on the emails received earlier so they all have the same name?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Barnoonan" <Barnoonan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I use multiple email accounts. I received my emails in my inbox then decided
> to change the name of the account. All emails received from that point on
> have the new name account but all emails downloaded prior to the name change
> are still labelled with the old name. Is there any way to refresh the name
> on the emails received earlier so they all have the same name?

I do not believe that's possible. Outlook simply records the name of the
account when the message is received. It is a static field, unmodifiable
field using the Outlook UI. You may also find that it limits your ability to
reply to those messages, since Outlook will reply using the original account
and you don't have that account any more. You'll have to manually choose the
account with its new name.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]