From: Mike on
This is an issue of Windows XP on my friend's computer.

Whenever the XP is started, there is following message in the lower
part of the login screen:

"You maybe a victim of software counterfeiting. This copy of Windows
did not pass genuine Windows Validation."

Though my friend can still log in and use the computer, the message is
kind of annoying.

Is there a way to remove or disable such message ?

Thanks.

From: Rock on
"Mike" <gongweigang(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> This is an issue of Windows XP on my friend's computer.
>
> Whenever the XP is started, there is following message in the lower
> part of the login screen:
>
> "You maybe a victim of software counterfeiting. This copy of Windows
> did not pass genuine Windows Validation."
>
> Though my friend can still log in and use the computer, the message is
> kind of annoying.
>
> Is there a way to remove or disable such message ?

Does your friend believe his copy of XP is legal and that this is a false
message?

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

From: Rock on
"Mike" <gongweigang(a)gmail.com> wrote
> This is an issue of Windows XP on my friend's computer.
>
> Whenever the XP is started, there is following message in the lower
> part of the login screen:
>
> "You maybe a victim of software counterfeiting. This copy of Windows
> did not pass genuine Windows Validation."
>
> Though my friend can still log in and use the computer, the message is
> kind of annoying.
>
> Is there a way to remove or disable such message ?

Additionally, there is a WGA discussion group.
http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=442&SiteID=25

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]