From: Oscar Wandel on
Thanks for your reply PA Bear

MS Office is installed but not MS Outlook.
I have the Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WAB\WAB4
but not a DWORD named UseOutlook
I have four files in WAB4:
Name: ab (par d�faut) type: REG_SZ Donn�es: (valeur
non d�finie)
FirstRun REG_DWORD 0x00000001
(1)
OlkContactRefresh REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)
OlkFolderRefresh REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)

THANKS
Oscar

From: Oscar Wandel on
S�curit� cumulative 911567 n'existe pas dans mes programmes. L'utilitaire
Spuninst.exe non plus. Je pos�de Windows XP Service Pack3

--
Oscar

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Oscar, please Reply To this post, quote my entire message, and answer my
questions below by number.

NB: Please continue the crosspost to all three (3) newsgroups; i.e.,
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,
microsoft.public.fr.outlookexpress6, microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

1. I would recommend that you uninstall IE8 Beta 2 and reboot twice before
proceeding any further. Yes, I understand you had this problem before you
installed IE8 Beta 2 but its presence is only confusing and complicating
matters. Uninstalling IE8 Beta 2 should automatically restore IE7.

How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

NB: Your anti-virus application and any anti-spyware applications should be
disabled BEFORE you uninstall IE8 Beta 2. If you are running a third-party
firewall, disable it and then enable the Windows Firewall BEFORE
uninstalling IE8 Beta 2.

2. Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
in the background when you installed IE7 or WinXP SP3?

4a. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the machine
(e.g., a free-trial version which was preinstalled when you purchased the
machine)?

4b. If a Norton or McAfee application is installed now, did you upgrade to
this application and version (e.g., from Norton Internet Security 2007 to
Norton 360 2009)?
--
~PA Bear

Oscar Wandel wrote:
> Thanks for your reply PA Bear
>
> MS Office is installed but not MS Outlook.
> I have the Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WAB\WAB4
> but not a DWORD named UseOutlook
> I have four files in WAB4:
> Name: ab (par d�faut) type: REG_SZ Donn�es:
> (valeur
> non d�finie)
> FirstRun REG_DWORD 0x00000001
> (1)
> OlkContactRefresh REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)
> OlkFolderRefresh REG_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)
<paste>

From: Oscar Wandel on
Thanks for your reply PA Bear

1. Before I uninstall IE8 Beta 2 I want to reply your NB: I have installed
with CD Norton 360 Version 2.5.0.5. with its Firewall enabled. I am not
running a third-party firewall. Windows Firewall is actualy disabled
(C:\i386)

2. I beleave IE7 and WinXP SP3 were preinstalled when I bought my PC in May
2008.

3. Norton 360 and my subscription is current. No third-party firewall. No
IE7 and WinXP3 I beleave were preinstalled.

4a. Yes a McAfee application was preinstalled when I bought the PC but I
uninstalled it right away before installing Norton 360.

4b. Yes I updated Norton 360 ones from their web site.

Thanks and regards
Oscar

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
%23z27wz4bJHA.1704(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
[Norton 360 includes the Norton Personal Firewall (NPF), Oscar. It is
considered a "third-party firewall."]

I will assume you've already uninstalled IE8 Beta 2.

Background: McAfee and Norton applications are well-known for not
uninstalling cleanly and for not upgrading cleanly. Your problems could be
related to the fact that (a) the McAfee application which came preinstalled
on your machine did not uninstall cleanly and (b) the Norton 360 upgrade was
flawed.

===============================
[You will want to print the following instructions for offline reference.]
===============================

1. Download the Norton Removal Tool, saving it to your desktop:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

2. After making certain you have a copy of your Product Key, uninstall all
Norton software (including LiveUpdate) via Add/Remove Programs.

3. IMPORTANT! => Enable the Windows Firewall.

browsing; reading email; chatting) except ______________ below until your
anti-virus application has been installed and fully updated!

4a. Double-click on the file you saved in #1 above to run the Norton Removal
Tool.

4b. IMPORTANT! Reboot two times.

5a. Download & run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool; see Step #2
here: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

5b. IMPORTANT! Reboot two more times after running the McAfee Consumer
Products Removal Tool tool.

6. Using your Product ID, reinstall Norton 360.

NB: I would recommend that you do NOT install any Norton Add-ons yet.

7. Reboot.

8. Disable (a) the email scanning and the (b) MS Office Documents scanning
"Real Time Protections" in Norton AntiVirus.

Now see if the Outlook Express issues persist.
--
~PA Bear