From: Oscar Wandel on
Thanks for your reply PA Bear

the point 5a could not be execuded: the web site page said An Error Occurred
and in the tab: Unexpected Error
otherwise all points up to 8 were done.
I sorry to say that Outlook Express issues persist.
Thanks and regards
Oscar

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
OHXOLnDdJHA.556(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> [...]
> be related to the fact that (a) the McAfee application which came
> preinstalled on your machine did not uninstall cleanly and (b) the Norton
> 360 upgrade was flawed.
>
> ===============================
> [You will want to print the following instructions for offline reference.]
> ===============================
>
> 1. Download the Norton Removal Tool, saving it to your desktop:
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
>
> 2. After making certain you have a copy of your Product Key, uninstall all
> Norton software (including LiveUpdate) via Add/Remove Programs.
>
> 3. IMPORTANT! => Enable the Windows Firewall.
>
> NB: You're "working without a net" now: Don't to ANYTHING else online
> (e.g., browsing; reading email; chatting) except ______________ below
> until your anti-virus application has been installed and fully updated!
>
> 4a. Double-click on the file you saved in #1 above to run the Norton
> Removal Tool.
>
> 4b. IMPORTANT! Reboot two times.
>
> 5a. Download & run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool; see Step #2
> here: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507
>
> 5b. IMPORTANT! Reboot two more times after running the McAfee Consumer
> Products Removal Tool tool.
>
> 6. Using your Product ID, reinstall Norton 360.
>
> NB: I would recommend that you do NOT install any Norton Add-ons yet.
>
> 7. Reboot.
>
> 8. Disable (a) the email scanning and the (b) MS Office Documents scanning
> "Real Time Protections" in Norton AntiVirus.
>
> Now see if the Outlook Express issues persist.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Oscar Wandel wrote:
>> Thanks for your reply PA Bear
>>
>> 1. Before I uninstall IE8 Beta 2 I want to reply your NB: I have
>> installed
>> with CD Norton 360 Version 2.5.0.5. with its Firewall enabled. I am not
>> running a third-party firewall. Windows Firewall is actualy disabled
>> (C:\i386)
>>
>> 2. I beleave IE7 and WinXP SP3 were preinstalled when I bought my PC in
>> May
>> 2008.
>>
>> 3. Norton 360 and my subscription is current. No third-party firewall. No
>> IE7 and WinXP3 I beleave were preinstalled.
>>
>> 4a. Yes a McAfee application was preinstalled when I bought the PC but I
>> uninstalled it right away before installing Norton 360.
>>
>> 4b. Yes I updated Norton 360 ones from their web site.
>>
>> Thanks and regards
>> Oscar
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
>> %23z27wz4bJHA.1704(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Oscar, please Reply To this post, quote my entire message, and answer my
>>> questions below by number.
>>>
>>> NB: Please continue the crosspost to all three (3) newsgroups; i.e.,
>>> microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,
>>> microsoft.public.fr.outlookexpress6,
>>> microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
>>>
>>> 1. I would recommend that you uninstall IE8 Beta 2 and reboot twice
>>> before
>>> proceeding any further. Yes, I understand you had this problem before
>>> you
>>> installed IE8 Beta 2 but its presence is only confusing and complicating
>>> matters. Uninstalling IE8 Beta 2 should automatically restore IE7.
>>>
>>> How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/
>>>
>>> NB: Your anti-virus application and any anti-spyware applications should
>>> be disabled BEFORE you uninstall IE8 Beta 2. If you are running a
>>> third-party firewall, disable it and then enable the Windows Firewall
>>> BEFORE uninstalling IE8 Beta 2.
>>>
>>> 2. Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?
>>>
>>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
>>> your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
>>> applications running in the background when you installed IE7 or WinXP
>>> SP3?
>>>
>>> 4a. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
>>> machine
>>> (e.g., a free-trial version which was preinstalled when you purchased
>>> the

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
I don't understand. You could not and still cannot open your browser to

From: Oscar Wandel on
I still cannot open my browser to
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507
On Mc.Afee's web site I read that this page has got ptoblems!!!
Oscar

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
%231x72YDeJHA.4492(a)TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Try this one instead: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507