From: Raj on
Hi,

How to reset the fmtsearch= option so that it searches the default
catalog where sas supplied formats are stored.
Where are they stored anyway ?

thanks,
Raj

My sas program keeps erroring out with,
ERROR 48-59: The format $DDMMYY was not found or could not be loaded.

From: Martin Gregory on
Raj,

sas supplied formats are not found via the catalogs listed in FMTSEARCH.
Your problem is that you are asking for a character ($) format and sas
dates are numeric variables. Try DDMMYY.

cheers

Martin

From: "data _null_;" on
I think your problem is you are trying to associate MMDDYY with a
character variable. Check your CONTENTS. Then take the appropriate
action.

From: rjf2 on
> From: Raj
> How to reset the fmtsearch= option so that it searches the
> default catalog where sas supplied formats are stored.
> Where are they stored anyway ?
>
> thanks,
> Raj
>
> My sas program keeps erroring out with,
> ERROR 48-59: The format $DDMMYY was not found or could not be loaded.

unless you have reset fmtsearch it searching the
work and libref=library
formats.catalogs.

%Put fmtsearch<%sysfunc(getoption(fmtsearch))>;

1 %Put fmtsearch<%sysfunc(getoption(fmtsearch))>;
fmtsearch<(WORK LIBRARY)>

iirc, this error comes from having a data set with a variable
that has the named format associated with it
and there is no such format in any of the libref
named in the fmtsearch list.

try this:
options nofmterr;

see also:

proc options define value option = fmtsearch;
run;

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov
> How to reset the fmtsearch= option so that it searches the default
> catalog where sas supplied formats are stored.
> Where are they stored anyway ?
>
> thanks,
> Raj
>
> My sas program keeps erroring out with,
> ERROR 48-59: The format $DDMMYY was not found or could not be loaded.

Raj,

SAS supplied formats are always available regardless of how fmtsearch=() is set. Try the format specification without the $, ddmmyy10.

Hope this is helpful,

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Research and Data Analysis