From: Noel Jones on
On 2/8/2010 9:23 AM, Michele Carandente wrote:
> Hi Wietse,
> first of all thaks for your reply.
>
> The problem is exatly what you said before: hold mail only from
> non-local clients.
> I tried as you said with smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
> static:hold (actually was like that: smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
> permit_mynetworks static:HOLD, permit_sasl_authenticated,
> reject_unauth_destination) but it''s putting everithing in HOLD.
>
> Basically my configuration is not a real standard one.
> I've this mailserver that must queue all external email and, when I
> want, relay them to different domains (depending of the sender).
> To say to postfix which email is internal, instead of use
> virtual_mailbox_domains, that will consider all the emails part of
> that domain as internal, I'm using transport_maps =
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_transports.cf, where is
> pointing to a column of the mail_users database. That column will have
> as value 'virtual', so postfix will know if the receiver is internal
> or not.

The documented way to tell postfix to accept mail for a domain
is to put the domain in one of {mydestination, relay_domains,
virtual_alias_domains, virtual_mailbox_domains}. See below
for some documentation links. I don't see transport_maps
listed there.

When you don't use the documented interface, you're on your
own. While it may be possible to do what you ask with your
current configuration, the standard tools and standard answers
won't work. Be aware future postfix upgrades may "break" your
non-documented configuration.

Good luck.

http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html