From: Hayden on
HI all I setup virtualpc 2007 on vista to run xp but the usb's are not
picking up in XP.
I checked the device manager.It does not show the "Universal Serial Bus
Controllers".How do I load them into the virtualpc?
From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
"Hayden" <Hayden(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> USBs are not picking up in XP.

Virtual PC doesn't support USB devices at all, other than those which work
via standard networking protocols e.g. memory sticks, Zip drives etc...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Hayden on
Hi Mark the usb is not picking up the memory sticks at all and there is on
drives in device manager how can i load them into the virtual machine?

From: Mark Rae [MVP] on

> Hi Mark the usb is not picking up the memory sticks at all and there is on
> drives in device manager how can i load them into the virtual machine?

As I said (obviously not clearly enough) VirtualPC natively won't pick up
*any* USB devices at all... The only way that they can be used is if they
support standard networking protocols.

In the case of a memory stick, you will need to create a drive letter for it
on the host (it will probably do this automatically) and then share that
drive letter via standard networking so that the guest(s) can see it like
any other network share...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP