From: EJ_Denton on
When in the Insert > Item window, you can only sort by "To" when under "sent
items". I'm trying to find out how you can add the "To" field to other
folders.

Thanks
From: Russ Valentine on
Rather difficult to say since we have no idea what Outlook version you are
using and from which view you invoked Insert > Item.
Insert > Item uses the view you set for the Folder you invoke, which you are
free to set to whatever you please. You can sort the view by any field you
have chosen to display in that view.
--
Russ Valentine

From: EJ_Denton on
Thanks for the reply. I'm using outlook 2003

The issue is that I've got a user who creates a new email and then while in
the new email window goes to Insert > Item, which brings up a list of their
folders and the emails within. If they select the standart "Sent Items"
folder it will list the "To" field to sort by. Any other folder will have
"From" instead with a few other fields. The user has a couple of manually
created folders that they store email in and want to be able to select emails
from those folders to insert, but they need to be able to sort by the "To"
field. I've been unable to find out how to add this. I've gone into the
folder in question and added the field in the Field choser but it does not
carry over into the Insert Item window.

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

From: Russ Valentine on
Makes perfect sense. Only the Sent Items Folder would need to display the
To: field since those are outgoing messages. All other mail folders are for
received messages, where the To: field is not relevant.
Sounds like the user needs to come up with a more realistic organization
strategy.