From: Garrett Smith on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
>
>> Eric Bednarz wrote:
>>> Please don't feel shy about being specific.
>> Don't be scared to run the code through the w3c html validator and find
>> them for yourself.
>
> You don't know what you are talking about. It's a fragment of Valid XHTML
> 1.0 Transitional.

That is an assumption. It could very well be XHTML strict for all you know.

Going with your assumption of XHTML transitional, there is still one
error. Can't spot it? Error: There is no attribute "onClick".

Eric Bednarz apparently changed the OP's quote and removed that Error.
Why, I do not know.
--
Garrett
From: David Mark on
Neil wrote:
>> By RTFM and not shooting yourself in the foot:
>> <form action="..." method="post">
>> <textarea name="myText" cols="30" rows="3"></textarea>
>> <input type="submit" name="button" value="Value1" />
>> <input type="submit" name="button" value="Value2" />
>> </form>
>
> The problem is that I have text inputs on the form
> as well and the customer does not want the return key
> to submit the form.

Then how do they expect keyboard-only users to submit the form? The
customer is always right, but they pay consultants to tell them when
they are wrong.

> If I use input type="submit", the
> form always gets posted with a return keypress.

As it should.
From: Bwig Zomberi on
Garrett Smith wrote:
> Bwig Zomberi wrote:
>> rf wrote:

>>> When was the last time you typed a search into google and did not press
>>> enter to make it happen?
>>

> I cannot remember the last time I was "feeling lucky".

Pressing Enter activates Google Search, not I'm Feeling Lucky.

> Google.com's autocomplete behaves inconsistently with tabbing.
>
> Firefox 3.6:
>
> 1) Type two characters , e.g. "po"
> 2) Hit tab twice
> focus may appear to be lost (can see no element focused)
>
> 3) Hit tab again
>
> The behavior after step 2 depends on whether the list has been populated
> or not.

Maybe the connection is slow and the focus is stuck in the suggestion list.

Why use Google suggest feature? In Opera, I have modified Google search
with this URL.
http://www.google.com/search?q=%s&complete=0

--
Bwig Zomberi
From: Garrett Smith on
Bwig Zomberi wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
>> Bwig Zomberi wrote:
>>> rf wrote:
[...]
>> I cannot remember the last time I was "feeling lucky".
>
> Pressing Enter activates Google Search, not I'm Feeling Lucky.

I noticed.

My response "cannot remember" followed from "when was the last time...?"

[...]

> Why use Google suggest feature? In Opera, I have modified Google search
> with this URL.
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%s&complete=0

OK.
--
Garrett
From: Sean Kinsey on
On Apr 21, 5:07 am, Neil <n...(a)JAMMConsulting.com> wrote:
> > By RTFM and not shooting yourself in the foot:
> >   <form action="..." method="post">
> >     <textarea name="myText" cols="30" rows="3"></textarea>
> >     <input type="submit" name="button" value="Value1" />
> >     <input type="submit" name="button" value="Value2" />
> >   </form>
>
> The problem is that I have text inputs on the form
> as well and the customer does not want the return key
> to submit the form.  If I use input type="submit", the
> form always gets posted with a return keypress.

Use an event listener on the text fields that returns false on
keyCode===13. That should avoid submitting the form while allowing
enter to be pressed on any other input (including the buttons).