From: rf on

"Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote in message

> Why don't you FOAD?

This, from one of the most hated people around?

From: rf on

"Bwig Zomberi" <zomberiMAPSONNOSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> David Mark wrote:
>>>
>>> The problem is that I have text inputs on the form
>>> as well and the customer does not want the return key
>>> to submit the form.
>
> Does not onsubmit="return false" prevent return keypress from submitting
> the form?
>

>> Then how do they expect keyboard-only users to submit the form?
>
> Keyboard-only users will usually use tab to navigate to the submit button
> and then press the space key.

When was the last time you typed a search into google and did not press
enter to make it happen?

From: Sean Kinsey on
On Apr 21, 12:39 pm, "rf" <r...(a)z.invalid> wrote:
> "Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" <PointedE...(a)web.de> wrote in messagenews:2150381.WrkQq0lBPe(a)PointedEars.de...
>
> > Why don't you FOAD?
>
> This, from one of the most hated people around?

Hence my "And yes I accidentally hit submit before removing the
signature so don't even think about it." earlier :)
From: Bwig Zomberi on
rf wrote:
> "Bwig Zomberi"<zomberiMAPSONNOSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> David Mark wrote:
>>> Then how do they expect keyboard-only users to submit the form?
>>
>> Keyboard-only users will usually use tab to navigate to the submit button
>> and then press the space key.
>
> When was the last time you typed a search into google and did not press
> enter to make it happen?

I use Enter key when it is available. I use Space key when Enter does
not work. I prefer keyboard shortcuts. I use them a lot. I am just
saying that not all options are closed for me.

The OP could use a function for unsubmit that validates the form and
return a boolean. If true, the form gets submitted. If user presses
Enter without valid form details, the function could show an alert and
return false - the form will not be submitted. That way regular form
behaviour would be restored. Any button and submit controls will also be
submitted.

I am still wondering why button and submit controls are not "Successful
controls" as per:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.13.2
when the form is submitted by script

--
Bwig Zomberi
From: Bwig Zomberi on
rf wrote:
> "Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn"<PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote in message
>
>> Why don't you FOAD?
>
> This, from one of the most hated people around?

"Most hated?" - That would make his head swell with pride.

A nitpicking PITN mostly.

--
Bwig Zomberi