From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Scott Sauyet wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> [...]
>> Considering interoperability in addition to validity, HTML 4.01
>> Transitional would score at least 2, while HTML 4.01 Strict would score
>> at least 9. (The *lowest* score wins here.)
>
> From what hat did you pull those numbers?

I have only seen later that the end tag of the P element is not necessary
for Valid HTML 4.01 Strict. Hence the correction near the example code, but
not here. For interoperable HTML you would need to remove the 2 slashes
from the original code which increases the Levenshtein distance computed
before by 2. So it is 0+2=2 and 3+2=5, respectively, or 0+2=2 and 7+2=9 if
you want the end tag, too. Which is still greater than or equal to 2 (XHTML
1.0 Transitional), though.

>> So much for confusion. EOD?
>
> Of course not!

Troll^WSuit yourself, then. I gave you what you asked for.

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <f806at$ail$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk>
From: Scott Sauyet on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Scott Sauyet wrote:
>> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

>>> So much for confusion.  EOD?
>
>> Of course not!
>
> Troll^WSuit yourself, then.  I gave you what you asked for.

Have you yet recognized that Garrett was not being obtuse and that it
was your confusion at issue?

--
Scott
From: Asen Bozhilov on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

> Why don't you FOAD?

And the meaning of FOAD is? For example AD can mean:

Arrogant Deutsch

Did you use same words in real life? Here you are under the cover, but
in face to face perhaps you are nobody? Lower than grass?

From: Garrett Smith on
Bwig Zomberi wrote:
> rf wrote:
>> "Bwig Zomberi"<zomberiMAPSONNOSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Keyboard-only users will usually use tab to navigate to the submit
>>> button
>>> and then press the space key.
>>
>> When was the last time you typed a search into google and did not press
>> enter to make it happen?

I cannot remember the last time I was "feeling lucky".

Google.com's autocomplete behaves inconsistently with tabbing.

Firefox 3.6:

1) Type two characters , e.g. "po"
2) Hit tab twice
focus may appear to be lost (can see no element focused)

3) Hit tab again

The behavior after step 2 depends on whether the list has been populated
or not.
--
Garrett
From: Eric Bednarz on
Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Eric Bednarz apparently changed the OP's quote and removed that
> Error.

Please learn to read. Thanks.