From: Pete on
My system log continually logs the following message on reboot:
The MCSTRM service failed to start due to the following error:

I understand that this process is not a Microsoft process, but a Real Player
process. My question is, how do I track this back? The error message does
not inform me as to the source of the problem, so how do I determine the
filename of the file trying to reference MCSTRM.exe? Searching on MCSTRM
returns nothing. I have already uninstalled Real Player.
--

Pete

From: Marcin Domaslawski on
Hi,

Try to use File Monitor:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/filemon.mspx

Marcin Domaslawski

U�ytkownik "Pete" <Pete(a)discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci