From: James Egan on
I just got a Canon SX1 IS digital camera, which came with a wireless
controller. According to Canon support, it's capable of controlling
video. Here's part of Canon's email response:

"The remote is pretty straight forward. You can zoom, play, pause, and
stop the recording using the remote but the camera will need to be set
to the video mode."

So, I start the video recording, turn the display so it's facing me, then
sit in front of the camera, but none of the buttons on the remote do
anything. I double checked that the batteries are installed correctly.
The documentation is very vague. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

-Thanks
From: Nick on

"James Egan" <jegan473(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>I just got a Canon SX1 IS digital camera, which came with a wireless
> controller. According to Canon support, it's capable of controlling
> video. Here's part of Canon's email response:
>
> "The remote is pretty straight forward. You can zoom, play, pause, and
> stop the recording using the remote but the camera will need to be set
> to the video mode."
>
> So, I start the video recording, turn the display so it's facing me, then
> sit in front of the camera, but none of the buttons on the remote do
> anything. I double checked that the batteries are installed correctly.
> The documentation is very vague. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> -Thanks

Hello,

the remote does work but I cannot remember how. I do recall that it is not
user friendly.
Not of much use to me so I played no more
I bought one of these cameras a few months back and played with the remote.
It is quite functional, just badly configuered.

IIRC the operational instruction is buried somewhere in the sub/sub/sub
menus.
The instruction manual on cd contains those instructions. Somewhere.
Take a deep breath and be prepared for a long afternoon's reading.

Good luck,

Nick.