From: Chirag on
Is 123 the password to open prespass.ppt? If yes and you are still getting
this error, can you please email me your prespass.ppt to help me analyze the
issue? Which PowerPoint version are you using?

- Chirag

From: Matti Vuori on
"king21c" <king21c(a)126.com> wrote in

> I am doing as follows:
> 1.Place the openppt.dll in the Windows folder (C:\Windows).
> 2.plug-in a new module
> 3.write code in new module:
> '---------------------------------------------
> Sub Test()
> Dim Pres As Presentation
> Set Pres = OpenPresentation(Application, _
> "d:\prespass.ppt", "123", _
> False, False, True)
> End Sub
> '-----------------------------------------------
> Error: Run-time Error'424' Object Required
>
> How I am going to do.

You need to add the import declaration at the top of your module, above
your Sub:

Public Declare Function OpenPresentation Lib "openppt.dll" ( _
ByVal PowerPoint As Variant, _
ByVal FileName As String, _
ByVal Password As String, _
ByVal ReadOnly As Boolean, _