From: Keeno on

Hello

My Parents have just returned from Holiday and a few days before they
got back my Dad's Digital Camera had a major issue.
It is a Olympus X-42 12MP Camera, and the memory card is an Olympus
1GB.

When he now turns the Camera on it tells him to clean the memory card,
and when we try to recover the card on the PC it wont do so, saying we
have to reformat it.

Any advice or tips for software to recover these photo's would be most
appreciated.

Thank you.

From: Martin Brown on
On 26/05/2010 08:52, Keeno wrote:
> Hello
>
> My Parents have just returned from Holiday and a few days before they
> got back my Dad's Digital Camera had a major issue.
> It is a Olympus X-42 12MP Camera, and the memory card is an Olympus
> 1GB.
>
> When he now turns the Camera on it tells him to clean the memory card,
> and when we try to recover the card on the PC it wont do so, saying we
> have to reformat it.
>
> Any advice or tips for software to recover these photo's would be most
> appreciated.

PhotoRescue or something like that. Whatever you do make an exact binary
copy of the original media before attempting any kind of repair. Any of
the decent tools should let you do this.

Some file recovery programs are better than others. If the media itself
has become defective then you could be out of luck.

Regards,
Martin Brown
From: Keeno on

Issue has been sorted, thank goodness.

From: John McWilliams on
Keeno wrote:
> Issue has been sorted, thank goodness.

It's "a good thing" to share the solution to such.

--
john mcwilliams