From: Marco Struck on
Hi,

I nearly finished my new photosite, at least all the photos are online,
just a few details left to be done. Ofcourse I would like to have some
viewers and comments, so feel invited to have a look and let me know if
you like it.

The Site is german, but I intentionally left the navigation and
keywords in english, allowing international visitors to navigate. By
clicking on the following link a random image will be presented to you.
Select 1 of the 3 random thumbnails below, or the 2 possible next- and
prev-links, or just click on the browse-link to get to the reversed
chronological overview, which can be filtered by categories and tags on
the left side.

Hope you enjoy:

http://zone23.net/

Greets, Marco.

From: Jeff Jones on
On 26 May 2010 10:49:02 GMT, "Marco Struck" <nickh.temp(a)web.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I nearly finished my new photosite, at least all the photos are online,
>just a few details left to be done. Ofcourse I would like to have some
>viewers and comments, so feel invited to have a look and let me know if
>you like it.
>
>The Site is german, but I intentionally left the navigation and
>keywords in english, allowing international visitors to navigate. By
>clicking on the following link a random image will be presented to you.
>Select 1 of the 3 random thumbnails below, or the 2 possible next- and
>prev-links, or just click on the browse-link to get to the reversed
>chronological overview, which can be filtered by categories and tags on
>the left side.
>
>Hope you enjoy:
>
>http://zone23.net/
>

>Greets, Marco.

Lots of standard stock-photography. Overall grade about a C+, a few photos
I'd give a B- to, maybe even a B+ for one or two.

Not bad. But in my browsing I didn't spot anything phenomenal either.
Though I didn't view them all, just a good sampling. At least you show a
good grasp and breadth of using a camera properly. That's much more than I
can say for any of the other dufusses (dufi) that post to these forums. At
least you won't be damaging the visual centers of anyone's brains. Unlike
the rest in these newsgroups.

From: Jeff Jones on
On Wed, 26 May 2010 06:33:59 -0500, Jeff Jones <jj197109671(a)mailinator.com>
wrote:

>On 26 May 2010 10:49:02 GMT, "Marco Struck" <nickh.temp(a)web.de> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I nearly finished my new photosite, at least all the photos are online,
>>just a few details left to be done. Ofcourse I would like to have some
>>viewers and comments, so feel invited to have a look and let me know if
>>you like it.
>>
>>The Site is german, but I intentionally left the navigation and
>>keywords in english, allowing international visitors to navigate. By
>>clicking on the following link a random image will be presented to you.
>>Select 1 of the 3 random thumbnails below, or the 2 possible next- and
>>prev-links, or just click on the browse-link to get to the reversed
>>chronological overview, which can be filtered by categories and tags on
>>the left side.
>>
>>Hope you enjoy:
>>
>>http://zone23.net/
>>

>>Greets, Marco.
>
>Lots of standard stock-photography. Overall grade about a C+, a few photos
>I'd give a B- to, maybe even a B+ for one or two.
>
>Not bad. But in my browsing I didn't spot anything phenomenal either.
>Though I didn't view them all, just a good sampling. At least you show a
>good grasp and breadth of using a camera properly. That's much more than I
>can say for any of the other dufusses (dufi) that post to these forums. At
>least you won't be damaging the visual centers of anyone's brains. Unlike
>the rest in these newsgroups.

A few that I would give a B+ to. Some almost verging on an A-

http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=9

http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=16

http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=20

http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=36

http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=46

http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=68

If you had either the waves or the jellyfish in better focus this could
have been a strong A-, but your eye for composition made it work. On second
look, a difficult call, it still works like it is. I like it a lot but
shouldn't. Technically a C-, artistically a strong A- to almost an A.
http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=174

A strong A- because I'm a fan of Escher.
http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=175

http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=202

Good subject, but the composition was slightly off.
http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=241

The rest of these dolts could learn a lot about composition from you. Even
when a subject is lack-luster your eye for composition saves it. (most of
the time)

p.s. Your website works well. Clean and simple. Nothing too fancy to
detract from what's important. Unlike most others who can't dazzle with
brilliance so they try to baffle with web-site bullshit.

From: Paul Giverin on
In message <4bfcfc9e$0$6985$9b4e6d93(a)newsspool4.arcor-online.net>, Marco
Struck <nickh.temp(a)web.de> writes
>Hi,
>
>I nearly finished my new photosite, at least all the photos are online,
>just a few details left to be done. Ofcourse I would like to have some
>viewers and comments, so feel invited to have a look and let me know if
>you like it.
>
>The Site is german, but I intentionally left the navigation and
>keywords in english, allowing international visitors to navigate. By
>clicking on the following link a random image will be presented to you.
>Select 1 of the 3 random thumbnails below, or the 2 possible next- and
>prev-links, or just click on the browse-link to get to the reversed
>chronological overview, which can be filtered by categories and tags on
>the left side.
>
>Hope you enjoy:
>
>http://zone23.net/
>

>Greets, Marco.

I really liked your shots.

This one stood out for me but I think it may have been over-sharpened ;)

http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=60

--
Paul Giverin

My Photos:- www.pbase.com/vendee
From: John Navas on
On Wed, 26 May 2010 15:53:04 GMT, Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org (GMAN)
wrote in <ztbLn.136693$vX7.6655(a)en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com>:

>In article <9r0qv59960o7qiab2qas3tubmmvu80ok3l(a)4ax.com>, Jeff Jones <jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> wrote:
>>On 26 May 2010 10:49:02 GMT, "Marco Struck" <nickh.temp(a)web.de> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I nearly finished my new photosite, at least all the photos are online,
>>>just a few details left to be done. Ofcourse I would like to have some
>>>viewers and comments, so feel invited to have a look and let me know if
>>>you like it.
>>>
>>>The Site is german, but I intentionally left the navigation and
>>>keywords in english, allowing international visitors to navigate. By
>>>clicking on the following link a random image will be presented to you.
>>>Select 1 of the 3 random thumbnails below, or the 2 possible next- and
>>>prev-links, or just click on the browse-link to get to the reversed
>>>chronological overview, which can be filtered by categories and tags on
>>>the left side.
>>>
>>>Hope you enjoy:
>>>
>>>http://zone23.net/
>>>

>>>Greets, Marco.
>>
>>Lots of standard stock-photography. Overall grade about a C+, a few photos
>>I'd give a B- to, maybe even a B+ for one or two.
>>
>>Not bad. But in my browsing I didn't spot anything phenomenal either.
>>Though I didn't view them all, just a good sampling. At least you show a
>>good grasp and breadth of using a camera properly. That's much more than I
>>can say for any of the other dufusses (dufi) that post to these forums. At
>>least you won't be damaging the visual centers of anyone's brains. Unlike
>>the rest in these newsgroups.
>>

>Does your wife also think that you are an arrogant prick?

Probably. LOL!
--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams