From: Marco Struck on
Jeff Jones wrote:
>On Wed, 26 May 2010 06:33:59 -0500, Jeff Jones
><jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> wrote:

Hi,

first I want to apologize for replying so lately.

>>>Hope you enjoy:
>>>
>>>http://zone23.net/
>>>

>>>Greets, Marco.
>>
>>Lots of standard stock-photography. Overall grade about a C+, a few
>>photos I'd give a B- to, maybe even a B+ for one or two.
>>
>>Not bad. But in my browsing I didn't spot anything phenomenal
>>either. Though I didn't view them all, just a good sampling. At
>>least you show a good grasp and breadth of using a camera properly.
>>That's much more than I can say for any of the other dufusses
>>(dufi) that post to these forums. At least you won't be damaging
>>the visual centers of anyone's brains. Unlike the rest in these
>>newsgroups.

An overall fair and true statement, at least the part you're talking
about my pictures. Thank you.

>If you had either the waves or the jellyfish in better focus this
>could have been a strong A-, but your eye for composition made it
>work. On second look, a difficult call, it still works like it is. I
>like it a lot but shouldn't. Technically a C-, artistically a strong
>A- to almost an A. http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=174

The funny thing about this picture is, that it made it's way into the
gallery by fortuity. The Original is nearly black with a scheme of a
dark grey jellyfish, extremely noisy in the dark tones. So I was just
fooling around with the picture, raising brightness and contrast, when
I discovered the colors in the picture, finally applying a noisefilter.
There it is, a nice example why to use RAW-Format... ;-)

>A strong A- because I'm a fan of Escher.
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=175

Same process as the jellyfish, but much better RAW-Material. I had to
photograph into dark black-blue water, but didn't want to let those
fishes escape without being photographed...

>Good subject, but the composition was slightly off.
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=241

Absolutely. I am thinking about a new version with different cut-out
and better lens- and exposure-correction.

>The rest of these dolts could learn a lot about composition from you.
>Even when a subject is lack-luster your eye for composition saves it.
>(most of the time)

Very perceptive and true, non-ironic. I need to find some more
compelling subjects, therefore I am thinking about some projects to
start with... but it will take a few years to present any results,
because I need more time and equipment.

Greets, Marco.

--
http://zone23.net
From: Marco Struck on
Michael J Davis schrieb:

>But overall a pleasant set, combining simple record shots, racoons,
>owls etc. with some good pictorial.

Thank you very much, nice to hear that. :-)

Greets, Marco.

--
http:/zone23.net
From: Marco Struck on
Paul Giverin:

>I really liked your shots.

Thank you. :-)

Marco.

--
http://zone23.net
From: Marco Struck on
Tzortzakakis Dimitris schrieb:

>>Hope you enjoy:
>>
>>http://zone23.net/
>>
>Ja, richtig, sehr gut:-)Die Fotos sind eingezeichnet!

Thank you very much, but you should say 'ausgezeichnet', since
'eingezeichnet' means 'drawn-in'... :-)

Your name sounds greek, right? Ever been in Germany?

Marco

--
http://zone23.net
From: Tzortzakakis Dimitris on

? "Marco Struck" <nickh.temp(a)web.de> ?????? ??? ??????
> Tzortzakakis Dimitris schrieb:
>
>>>Hope you enjoy:
>>>
>>>http://zone23.net/
>>>
>>Ja, richtig, sehr gut:-)Die Fotos sind eingezeichnet!
>
> Thank you very much, but you should say 'ausgezeichnet', since
> 'eingezeichnet' means 'drawn-in'... :-)
>
> Your name sounds greek, right? Ever been in Germany?
>

> Marco

Yes, ok:-) Remembered after I'd send the post. Yes, I am greek.
Ich war schon f�nfmal in Deutschland, das erste mal schon im 1987, dann
1988, 89 und vielleicht auch 1990 und 1992. Meine Patentante ist deutsche,
und deswegen habe ich auch deutsch gelernt. Ich spreche auch Englisch,
nat�rlich und jetzt lerne japanisch (schwierig!). Ich lese den Spiegel
online jeden Tag.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering