From: Michael J Davis on
Jeff Jones <jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> was inspired to say
>>On 26 May 2010 10:49:02 GMT, "Marco Struck" <nickh.temp(a)web.de> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I nearly finished my new photosite, at least all the photos are online,
>>>just a few details left to be done. Ofcourse I would like to have some
>>>viewers and comments, so feel invited to have a look and let me know if
>>>you like it.
>>>
>>>The Site is german, but I intentionally left the navigation and
>>>keywords in english, allowing international visitors to navigate. By
>>>clicking on the following link a random image will be presented to you.
>>>Select 1 of the 3 random thumbnails below, or the 2 possible next- and
>>>prev-links, or just click on the browse-link to get to the reversed
>>>chronological overview, which can be filtered by categories and tags on
>>>the left side.
>>>
>>>Hope you enjoy:
>>>
>>>http://zone23.net/
>>
>>Lots of standard stock-photography. Overall grade about a C+, a few photos
>>I'd give a B- to, maybe even a B+ for one or two.
>>
>>Not bad. But in my browsing I didn't spot anything phenomenal either.
>>Though I didn't view them all, just a good sampling. At least you show a
>>good grasp and breadth of using a camera properly. That's much more than I
>>can say for any of the other dufusses (dufi) that post to these forums. At
>>least you won't be damaging the visual centers of anyone's brains. Unlike
>>the rest in these newsgroups.
>>

>A few that I would give a B+ to. Some almost verging on an A-
>
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=9
>
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=16
>
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=20
>
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=36
>
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=46
>
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=68
>
>If you had either the waves or the jellyfish in better focus this could
>have been a strong A-, but your eye for composition made it work. On second
>look, a difficult call, it still works like it is. I like it a lot but
>shouldn't. Technically a C-, artistically a strong A- to almost an A.
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=174
>
>A strong A- because I'm a fan of Escher.
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=175
>
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=202
>
>Good subject, but the composition was slightly off.
>http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=241
>
>The rest of these dolts could learn a lot about composition from you. Even
>when a subject is lack-luster your eye for composition saves it. (most of
>the time)
>
>p.s. Your website works well. Clean and simple. Nothing too fancy to
>detract from what's important. Unlike most others who can't dazzle with
>brilliance so they try to baffle with web-site bullshit.

Without trying to give marks (or make ad hominem remarks), I would agree
in general with the above comments. There's an attempt to see things in
a fresh way, and mostly, as you say, Jeff, with an eye to composition.

A few could do with revison, eg. http://zone23.net/?showimage=89
Here the alignment would be better with the verticals rather than the
horizontals. But the image isn't strong enough to bother.

But overall a pleasant set, combining simple record shots, racoons, owls
etc. with some good pictorial.

Mike
--
Michael J Davis

www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

<><
"I never have taken a picture I've intended.
They're always better or worse."
Diane Arbus
<><
From: Pete D on

"John Navas" <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 20:04:34 -0500, Jeff Jones
> <jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> wrote in
> <72hrv59e1hnlvert9l94lcmvj6teuskld7(a)4ax.com>:
>
>>One trait of a good artist is that they don't give a damn what anyone else
>>thinks. "You" are both a meaningless part of that "anyone".
>
> "Nothing is as peevish and pedantic as men's judgments of one another."
> -Desiderius Erasmus

Hahaha, did he know that you are a twit too?

From: nospam on
On Wed, 26 May 2010 15:53:04 GMT
Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org (GMAN) wrote:

> Does your wife also think that you are an arrogant prick?

You think any woman would have him?

From: John Navas on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 19:02:12 +1000, "Pete D" <no(a)email.com> wrote in
<saadnfJpRI6lqGPWnZ2dnUVZ_v6dnZ2d(a)westnet.com.au>:

>"John Navas" <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 26 May 2010 20:04:34 -0500, Jeff Jones
>> <jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> wrote in
>> <72hrv59e1hnlvert9l94lcmvj6teuskld7(a)4ax.com>:
>>
>>>One trait of a good artist is that they don't give a damn what anyone else
>>>thinks. "You" are both a meaningless part of that "anyone".
>>
>> "Nothing is as peevish and pedantic as men's judgments of one another."
>> -Desiderius Erasmus
>
>Hahaha, did he know that you are a twit too?

'Those who have evidence will present their evidence,
whereas those who do not have evidence will attack the man.'
From: John McWilliams on
John Navas wrote:

> 'Those who have evidence will present their evidence,
> whereas those who do not have evidence will attack the man.'

Perfect! JN: Recall the thread wherein you repeatedly could not provide
evidence as challenged by me, and you then resorted to slurs??

--
john mcwilliams