From: Peter on
"Paul Giverin" <paul(a)giverin.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <4bfcfc9e$0$6985$9b4e6d93(a)newsspool4.arcor-online.net>, Marco
> Struck <nickh.temp(a)web.de> writes
>>Hi,
>>
>>I nearly finished my new photosite, at least all the photos are online,
>>just a few details left to be done. Ofcourse I would like to have some
>>viewers and comments, so feel invited to have a look and let me know if
>>you like it.
>>
>>The Site is german, but I intentionally left the navigation and
>>keywords in english, allowing international visitors to navigate. By
>>clicking on the following link a random image will be presented to you.
>>Select 1 of the 3 random thumbnails below, or the 2 possible next- and
>>prev-links, or just click on the browse-link to get to the reversed
>>chronological overview, which can be filtered by categories and tags on
>>the left side.
>>
>>Hope you enjoy:
>>
>>http://zone23.net/
>>

>>Greets, Marco.
>>

> I really liked your shots.
>
> This one stood out for me but I think it may have been over-sharpened ;)
>
> http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=60

I get your point.

--
Peter

From: Pete on
On 2010-05-26 19:42:06 +0100, Peter said:

> "Paul Giverin" <paul(a)giverin.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In message <4bfcfc9e$0$6985$9b4e6d93(a)newsspool4.arcor-online.net>,
>> Marco Struck <nickh.temp(a)web.de> writes
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I nearly finished my new photosite, at least all the photos are online,
>>> just a few details left to be done. Ofcourse I would like to have some
>>> viewers and comments, so feel invited to have a look and let me know if
>>> you like it.
>>>
>>> The Site is german, but I intentionally left the navigation and
>>> keywords in english, allowing international visitors to navigate. By
>>> clicking on the following link a random image will be presented to you.
>>> Select 1 of the 3 random thumbnails below, or the 2 possible next- and
>>> prev-links, or just click on the browse-link to get to the reversed
>>> chronological overview, which can be filtered by categories and tags on
>>> the left side.
>>>
>>> Hope you enjoy:
>>>
>>> http://zone23.net/
>>>

>>> Greets, Marco.
>>>

>> I really liked your shots.
>>
>> This one stood out for me but I think it may have been over-sharpened ;)
>>
>> http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=60
>>

> I get your point.

The pencil sharpener needs a new blade, it has made the wood very
rough; over sharpening wood would then be a possibility.

Sorry to trim newsgroups, my ISP has set a limit of 4.

--
Pete

From: Peter on
"Pete" <available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote in message
> On 2010-05-26 19:42:06 +0100, Peter said:
>
>> "Paul Giverin" <paul(a)giverin.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> In message <4bfcfc9e$0$6985$9b4e6d93(a)newsspool4.arcor-online.net>, Marco
>>> Struck <nickh.temp(a)web.de> writes

>>> I really liked your shots.
>>>
>>> This one stood out for me but I think it may have been over-sharpened ;)
>>>
>>> http://zone23.net/index.php?showimage=60
>>>

>> I get your point.
>
> The pencil sharpener needs a new blade, it has made the wood very rough;
> over sharpening wood would then be a possibility.
>
> Sorry to trim newsgroups, my ISP has set a limit of 4.

No need to apologize. I hope your statement doesn't feed the trolls.

--
Peter

From: Jeff Jones on
On Wed, 26 May 2010 09:37:25 -0700, John Navas <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 26 May 2010 15:53:04 GMT, Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org (GMAN)
>wrote in <ztbLn.136693$vX7.6655(a)en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com>:

>>>Lots of standard stock-photography. Overall grade about a C+, a few photos
>>>I'd give a B- to, maybe even a B+ for one or two.
>>>
>>>Not bad. But in my browsing I didn't spot anything phenomenal either.
>>>Though I didn't view them all, just a good sampling. At least you show a
>>>good grasp and breadth of using a camera properly. That's much more than I
>>>can say for any of the other dufusses (dufi) that post to these forums. At
>>>least you won't be damaging the visual centers of anyone's brains. Unlike
>>>the rest in these newsgroups.
>>>

>>Does your wife also think that you are an arrogant prick?
>
>Probably. LOL!

One trait of a good artist is that they don't give a damn what anyone else
thinks. "You" are both a meaningless part of that "anyone".

From: John Navas on
On Wed, 26 May 2010 20:04:34 -0500, Jeff Jones
<jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> wrote in
<72hrv59e1hnlvert9l94lcmvj6teuskld7(a)4ax.com>:

>One trait of a good artist is that they don't give a damn what anyone else
>thinks. "You" are both a meaningless part of that "anyone".

"Nothing is as peevish and pedantic as men's judgments of one another."
-Desiderius Erasmus