From: Rebecca Rebecca on
I have a work sheet that has lots of prices from things that we do and I am
wanting to put it into a page where if say B4 is Cookies then the price for
Cookies automatically pops up in C4, but I dont know how to go about doing
this. Please help. Excel 2007
From: Glenn on

From: Joe User on
"Rebecca" wrote:
> I have a work sheet that has lots of prices from things
> that we do and I am wanting to put it into a page where
> if say B4 is Cookies then the price for Cookies
> automatically pops up in C4, but I dont know how to go
> about doing this.

We could provide better help if you provided some details. If Sheet1!A1:A10
contains cookie names and Sheet1!B1:B10 contains corresponding prices, then
put the following formula into C4:

=if(B4="", "", vlookup(B4,Sheet1!A1:B10,2,0)
From: Russell Dawson on
Rebecca

You may need to explain a little more about your problem. I doubt whether
the price of Cookies is the only entry here.
If it is then
=IF(B4="cookies",1,"")
in C4 where cookies are $1.
You don't say how much they are. It would be better to have the price in
another part of the worksheet say d4 so the formula would be
-if(b4="cookies",D4,"")
The double quotes leaves the cell blank when b4 does not contain cookies.

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

From: Rebecca on
This is what I have. 1 sheet named Price list on this sheet I have about 300
types of lumber and material each type of lumber and material has a set
price. On the sheet I am trying to put together is to select a type of lumber
and when I select that type it will automatically put in the set price in the
next column.

=IF(B4="","",VLOOKUP(B4,'GP by job'!A75:B121,2,0)) this gives me #N/A

Let me know if you need further explaining...