From: Dwight Johnson on
In my web app I get the logged in user's id using
HttpContext.Current.User. I can then compare this to ActiveDirectory
to authenticate, and off we go.

However, recently a woman at my company got married, and wanted to
change her login name to use her new married name. No problem. Except
when she ran my web app. Whenever she did, and hit the code that got
her user id from HttpContext.Current.User, it returned her old id,
which no longer existed in AD (hence, she definitely was not logging
in using her old id). The problem persisted for several days.

One purported solution was found here ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946358
), but this did not fix it. Finally, someone did an IISRESET on the
server, and that appears to have solved the problem.

Any thoughts on what might have happened here?
From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Feb 16, 6:52 pm, Dwight Johnson <djohnson...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> In my web app I get the logged in user's id using
> HttpContext.Current.User. I can then compare this to ActiveDirectory
> to authenticate, and off we go.
>
> However, recently a woman at my company got married, and wanted to
> change her login name to use her new married name. No problem. Except
> when she ran my web app. Whenever she did, and hit the code that got
> her user id from HttpContext.Current.User, it returned her old id,
> which no longer existed in AD (hence, she definitely was not logging
> in using her old id). The problem persisted for several days.
>
> One purported solution was found here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946358
> ), but this did not fix it. Finally, someone did an IISRESET on the
> server, and that appears to have solved the problem.
>
> Any thoughts on what might have happened here?

I'm not sure because you didn't provide enough information on how the
authentication work in your application. Usually changing cache
behaviors via registry settings works (see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946358)
Maybe it also cached somewhere in your application?