From: mmyvusenet on
Hello:

Today I took this photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4516050061/

Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

From: Atheist Chaplain on
> Hello:
>
> Today I took this photo:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4516050061/
>
> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>
> --
> MMYV
> http://www.mmyv.com

you need to get more light on the subject for a start, it took me a while to
find the subject as it was the same colour as the plant and hidden in
shadow.
I have noticed you seem to have this desire to frame the subject in the
centre all the time, and that just makes everything look like a snapshot or
a technical photo, do a little googling and look up "Rule of Thirds" once
you start thinking of your shots in that way your photographs will start to
improve, but you also need to think "Composition" and "Light"
Subject
Composition
Light

get those three things happening and then its just a matter of time before
you start to put together a few "WOW" shots.

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

From: bugbear on
mmyvusenet wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Today I took this photo:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4516050061/
>
> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

I suggest you put a little more effort into your
posts.

Thus far each and every one of them is identical
except for the image link.

Tell us why YOU think the subject was a good one,
what emphasis you are trying to achieve, what
techniques or approaches you're experimenting with.

Then people might be able to help you towards
you goals.

BugBear
From: DanP on
On 13 Apr, 02:57, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Today I took this photo:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4516050061/
>
> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>
> --
> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

Have you considered taking up fishing?

DanP
From: George Kerby on

On 4/12/10 8:57 PM, in article 82i1nsFshkU3(a)mid.individual.net, "mmyvusenet"
<mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Today I took this photo:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4516050061/
>
> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>
> --
> MMYV
> http://www.mmyv.com

You need to override the auto exposure. It is trying to make the white
plastic grey and everything becomes underexposed. Do you not see that?