From: Maastricht University de Boer on
When trying to solve a differential equation in Mathematica I got

Hypergeometric2F1[1-(rho/A), 1-(rho/A),-e^(A*t-C[1])*epsilon*lambdaA]

as an output. Unfortunately I lack knowledge about hypergeometric functions. Can anybody maybe tell me whether it is possible to turn this output into a 'normal' equation and if so how this can be done?

Thanks,

Hans
From: us on
"Maastricht University de Boer" <h.de-boer(a)maastrichtuniversity.nl> wrote in message <i3ue1r$l9e$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> When trying to solve a differential equation in Mathematica

you are in the wrong NG...

us
From: Roger Stafford on
"Maastricht University de Boer" <h.de-boer(a)maastrichtuniversity.nl> wrote in message <i3ue1r$l9e$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> When trying to solve a differential equation in Mathematica I got
>
> Hypergeometric2F1[1-(rho/A), 1-(rho/A),-e^(A*t-C[1])*epsilon*lambdaA]
>
> as an output. Unfortunately I lack knowledge about hypergeometric functions. Can anybody maybe tell me whether it is possible to turn this output into a 'normal' equation and if so how this can be done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hans
- - - - - - - - - - - -
MathWorks' Symbolic Toolbox has the generalized hypergeometric function 'hypergeom'. As explained in its documentation, if a, b, and c are scalars, then

hypergeom([a,b],c,z)

gives the Gauss hypergeometric function 2F1 evaluated at a,b,c;z.

The Mathematica expression you show seems to have only three arguments. I don't know how they correspond to the four arguments necessary for matlab's Gauss hypergeometric function.

See the websites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypergeometric_function
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/HypergeometricFunction.html

Roger Stafford