From: John Zaleski on
The OpeningFun() runs before the GUI is visible.

My question is:
Is there a way to have initialization code run, without user input, after the gui is visible?

Thanks,
JZ
From: Sean on
"John Zaleski" <john.zaleski(a)us.army.mil> wrote in message <i3udgh$ff6$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> The OpeningFun() runs before the GUI is visible.
>
> My question is:
> Is there a way to have initialization code run, without user input, after the gui is visible?
>
> Thanks,
> JZ

Of course. Just put it in the OutputFcn().
From: John Zaleski on
"Sean " <sean.dewolski(a)nospamplease.umit.maine.edu> wrote in message <i3ufgn$sii$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> "John Zaleski" <john.zaleski(a)us.army.mil> wrote in message <i3udgh$ff6$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> > The OpeningFun() runs before the GUI is visible.
> >
> > My question is:
> > Is there a way to have initialization code run, without user input, after the gui is visible?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > JZ
>
> Of course. Just put it in the OutputFcn().
Sean,
Thanks, that's just what I was looking for.

JZ
From: ImageAnalyst on
Yeah, but I always thought that was counterintuitive. It's true that
it gets run upon startup, but I always thought that it sounded like it
should be run when you're all done with the GUI and it's sending the
output results to the command line, especially when it says this for
its description:
% --- Outputs from this function are returned to the command line.
I guess I wish they'd just give it a different name to describe what
it actually does or when it's run.