From: shahnaz fatima on
if anybody can refer to my earlier posts in which i have put a function on lda,
MY DOBUT IS IN THIS FORMULA,ACCORDING TO THEORY,

From: Greg Heath on
On Aug 11, 10:52 am, "shahnaz fatima" <shahnaz1981...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> if anybody can refer to my earlier posts in which i have put a function on lda,
> MY DOBUT IS IN THIS FORMULA,ACCORDING TO THEORY,
>

> > >  sb=sb+nums(i)*(means(i,:)-allmean)'*(means(i,:)-allmean);
>
> > > nums(i) such term is not there in formula of lda;. i dont understand why this nums term.
>
> > > if anybody can plz help me , i shall be thankful.

I think if you start with the between class double sum class mean
difference
form

Sb = sum(i=1,c){sum(j=1,c){(Mi-Mj)'*(Mi-Mj)}}

and use the global mean identity

M0 = (Ni*Mi+Nj*Mj)/(Ni+Nj)

you can obtain the single sum form

Sb = sum(i=1,c){ (Mi-M0)' * (Mi-M0) }