From: Shenan Stanley on

MowGreen wrote:
> BryantPines, I'll raise you:

<snipped>
<even *I* won't quote all that>

hah

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: richyrich43 on

From: richyrich43 on

From: dbeyat45 on
I have found that the only way to get the installs to work on my Vista PC is
to:
. disable User Account Control
. restart
. download updates
. restart
. re-enable User Account Control
From: Keko on
Thanks much! This one worked. I've been trying for days. Some of the posts
had long convoluted fixes-remove this, remove that, then re-install, it would
have taken hours!

Error code 646--is a pretty vague code. On the Microsoft website all it
says it means is that the update didn't work. Duh! That, I can figure out!